St. Joseph Roman Catholic Church has served the spiritual needs of Catholics in Taneytown, Maryland, and the surrounding countryside for over 200 years.
The parish traces its origins to 1797, when Bishop John Carroll, the first bishop of Baltimore, appointed Father Demetrius A. Gallitzin as pastor. The present church building, which dates back to 1876, was constructed at a cost $4,965.
St. Joseph is a small but welcoming parish. There are currently about 300 active families in the parish.
Giving is the currency of compassion and kindness. Our pastorate strives to support our community and others
Families are who we are. Supportive, caring, celebrating.
We are always looking for ways to grow – individually, collectively and spiritually.